The Tree of Life Centre at Wythenshawe
The Tree of Life mission is “To work in partnership with others to create a sustainable resource which improves the health and wellbeing for people in Wythenshawe”.
The Tree of Life Centre, Wythenshawe, best known for its Furniture Re-use centre, is seen as working at the “grass roots” of the local community. We operate an open door policy and are seen as a “one stop” shop for meeting our users’ needs. We provide;
- Furniture, household goods, and clothing re-use centre
- Volunteering schemes
- A place to learn new skills and gain practical work experience
- IT suite, accessible to all
- Job club
- Health and wellbeing education
- Community café
- Repaint Scheme.
Through these activities;
- We are a lifeline for many people in need of food, clothing, dignity and a sense of belonging.
- We provide social interaction and activities that improve the health and wellbeing of individuals.
- We increase people’s ability to participate in the wider community.
- We increase the quality of life for people on a low income.
Our values are to remain people centred, to accept people as they are and to offer a place of safety, offer practical support and build relationships. We look to create a sustainable organisation and to be environmentally friendly.
Charity Commission Reference 1099847